Mokume Ring Silver Spirals Black Patina 10mm / R195
Wide Sterling Silver Ring with mokume gane and silver spirals with recessed parts oxidized to give the ring an organic, antique look. Because the patina is deeply recessed it will not wear off under normal use.
- Approximate width of ring: 10mm // 3/8”
- Choice of silver with mokume or copper.
- This ring can be made in silver or white gold with 14k yellow or rose gold (instead of mokume). Please contact us for pricing.
- Also available with gold instead of mokume. Please contact us.
- We can make this ring round or hammered square and slightly rounded to fit the natural shape of the finger. Let us know when you order, if you have a preference.
Mokume Gane translates from the Japanese as ‘wood grain metal’. Mokume consists of metal sheets made into laminated blocks through fusion. Then it is forged and rolled through a rolling mill, filed, drilled and rolled out again until we have a thin sheet with a variety of patterns. These rings are made with at least 2 different moving parts plus the mokume itself consists of 21 layers of silver and copper. Because of the nature of mokume the pattern varies and no two rings are exactly alike.
The beauty of silver and copper mokume is, that copper is a softer metal than sterling silver and reacts faster with the everyday wear. The lines can get more pronounce, sometimes it can look almost like a topographical relief. The mokume can change from day to day in colour, contrast and shape.
If we have your item in stock, we will ship it within 2 business days. Otherwise please allow 4 to 6 weeks average for us to fill your order or contact us if you have a deadline and time is an issue.
Designed and handcrafted on Salt Spring Island in British Columbia, Canada.
Click the "Add to Cart" button to place your order now.